Friday, March 23, 2007

Typical patient, burns



Howdy, I would like to bring to your attention a need here in Afghanistan. We see many of the locals here in our clinic and well as going out and helping in different communities. This child has burns on his arm. This is the most common injury we see. We have found that there is a very large need for children's clothing and shoes. Also if you have any old orthopaedic braces or boots those are in need too. The military can not supply anything beyond basic treatment. If you feel inclined to do so anything you can spare will help.

The people before me have done a great deal with the support you have given them, and I want to thank you for that. We have been able to pay for a childs lifesaving surgery by a US surgeon and clothe hundreds of children. The other countries involved overhere look to us if they have a need in there area.

Thank you so much for your support of the troops and our mission here. God Bless.

mike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, I had a senior moment and forgot that today was your anniversary....I was thinking it was tomorrow....anyway, happy 11th a bit late!

Thanks for the pictures, they are great. You're right, you could start your own furniture business. Carol and I are putting together a package to send you containing item you said you need...mostly for the civilians.
What a wonderful person you are to think of them.

Went to CC's school today to help Chris. Her teacher is a wonderul person. We chopped and chopped and then the kids put it all together for salsa. Most of them gave it a thumbs up...(one drama-king said he was going to throw up!) then I ate lunch with them all...fun, fun!

Up to the house tomorrow then Cc's bithday/spring break week...guess your folks are coming to town as well. I'm having a great time being here, even though just for a short while.I'm sure glad that Chris is feeling better...and she is!!

Take care and stay safe.

Love, Donna.

Anonymous said...

Greetings Mike,

Just sitting here Saturday morning having a cup of coffee, paying some bills, and decided to check out your blog. The pictures are great, thanks for sharing. It's hard for me to imagine what these kids must be going through each day. I'm sure your kindness goes a long way with them.

Holly passed along your e-mail about items needed, so we are working on getting some things together to send over to you. I know I have some things I can contribute.

Thanks for all your efforts, and I hope you and your commrades stay safe.

Andrea

P.S. - You are quite the woodworker! Nice work!